Saturday 17 January 2015

Culminating sketches

For the art culminating sketches, I decided to sketch these three photos.
The reason that I decided to sketch this photo, a fisherman fishing out of a lake, with a sunset & fishes & seagles...I used pastels because it helps to blend the colors more and make it have a realistic look. I chose to sketch this particular science  Is because i think it represents Ontario/Canada because we do a lot of fishing and the summer sunsets are really beautiful over the lake and not many places can experience the same sight.

I decided to paint this with a q-tip to experiment and see what kind of textures and designs I could make out of it. It is a fall tree and I think it represents Ontario/Canada because in the Fall all the trees look bright orange, red and yellow, expecially in Red Rock. 
For my last sketch I decided to use pencil because totem poles usually have a lot of detail and that's what I sketched, along with clouds, mountains and tall grass. I  think that this represents northern Ontario/ Canada because it expresses the different cultures that we have, and that we have a lot of aboriginal students in our school also. 



No comments:

Post a Comment