Friday 4 December 2015

Paris Artist

The piece of artwork that I chose to show you that was inspired by the Paris attack on November, 13th, 2015 is this:
 
This specific piece of artwork is by " Steve Benson ". Steven Benson is actually Steven Reed Benson (born January 2, 1954 in Sacramento, California) is a Pulitzer Prize-winning U.S. editorial cartoonist for The Arizona Republic. Benson is the grandson of former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and former LDS Church president Ezra Taft Benson.

The reason why I chose this piece of art, was because of the meaning that I feel it has behind it.
I think that this piece of work says a lot about the world, the countries and most importantly the Paris attack.
In the photo, it shows Paris across the lake being attacked, while the statue of liberty is stepping in to help. To me, this photo has a strong message that we need to all be in this together, and have each other backs when heartbreaking things like this happen. I believe that by all the countries coming together and taking care of each other we can make a difference. I think that by people seeing this photo they will also understand the message and realize that its important to stand with eachother in these types of situations and have respect and condolences for the people that were victimized in this trageic occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment