Friday 15 January 2016

My Series

For my series project i decided that i wanted to draw 3 giraffes and have each one with different colors.
The first one i did was light pas-telly colors, and the second was vibrant primary colors, and the last  one black, white and grey.
I decided that i wanted to paint these giraffes because from my previous work last year i experimented with water colors and it turned out really well.
I chose to mix the colors together before they changed into a different color to give it a more real look. My favorite part of this assignment was being able to blend new colors together to create to ones, and practicing my drawing skills since i'm not very good.

The most challenging part for me on this assignment was having to do the little detail spots on the giraffe, and using the paint brush to go around every piece.
It was also difficult to paint and draw the legs because i wanted them to look realistic and have the same bones and figures as real giraffes do.
Overall, i enjoyed doing this assignment and liked the retro kind of pop art themed way of doing my series.


No comments:

Post a Comment