Tuesday 26 January 2016

Poem art


For my project we had create a peice or artwork that represents a poem, or creating what you think of or what it means to you through art. 
It took a couple different Try's and sketches for me to realize what poem I actually liked and kinda connected too. 
Some of the other poems I chose i didn't really understand that well and couldn't really think of any ways to interpret how I feel about it threw art. 
When I was on tumblr one night I decided I wanted to do a poem that if I couldn't find a poem that meant something to me, I chose one that meant a lot to other people. 
The poem I chose is by Tupac Shakur.
The reason why I wanted to choose one of his poems was because he did have an impact on a lot of people's lives while he was here, and is known for his music to be poetry, and some of his poetry I actually understand and can kind of see how other would be able to connect with.
The poem goes 
" did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete, providing natures law wrong it learned to walk without having feet. 
Funny it seems but by keeping its dreams it learned to breathe threw fresh air
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one ever cared. " - Tupac Shakur

The image that I get when reading this, is someone who has been struggling or has struggled sometime in their life with something, and feel as if they can't continue on in their circumstances and what not. To me, when it says  a rose grew from the concrete, it's saying that even in a hard almost impossible situation the rose still rose up and continued to grow with each day and became stronger the longer it was in the concrete, and how even thou no one cared about it, it still continued to growing be something beautiful. 
I wanted to show this in a photo, and although it's not the best sketch, I chose to do the rose growing stages and show this. 
For a good copy, i would paint the roses red and use water color to blend the colors nicley to make it look alive. 
I would try my best to make it seem like the roses arw growing out of the concrete. 


No comments:

Post a Comment