Thursday 21 January 2016

Responding to the art of Ai Wei Wei

We were looking at photos of Ai Wei Wei's artwork in class and decided to check him out and learn more about his work and what hes doing. 
Ai Wei Wei, born on August 28th 1957 in Beijing, is a Chinese temporary artist and activist.
Ai Weiwei.jpg

I really enjoyed Ai Wei Wei's art work, and found it very real and moving. I think that in his work he shows a little bit of his artist side and activist side as well. His art work really tells a story and lets the audience or whoever looking at his artwork know that and it really captures my attention and i can imagine anyone else who seen his work. For example, this piece of his art work below:

I found while i was looking at his art on google.
I think this one was my favorite piece of his work, that he helped create. This one really meant a lot to me because the way i see it, is that its  myself, or anyone who has struggled with anything in their life, and how the more times you get hit it makes you stronger and stronger every time. I think this sends a strong message out to people and can really give them hope or strength.

Some of the other art works Ai created and caught my eye are here:

 

Over all, I think Ai wei wei has an amazing talent, and is a great artist and i'm very glad that Mrs Rose shared his stuff with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment